Psylak

LiteTouch ISO keeps rebooting before giving Task Sequence selection

Question

Hi all,

I have previously read through these forums when I started getting interested in deployments and have since then managed to setup a LAB environment through the tutorials from www.deploymentcd.com

As far as I can see, everything was done correctly and I didnt receive any kind of errors or warnings when creating a Win7 reference task sequence which will deploy Win7 and capture the WIM.

So I mount the generated litetouch iso in a hyper-v VM and it boots up to where it displays the Solution accelerators background image and then a window pops up for a split second and disappears, I'm not able to tell whether its a command prompt window or the task selection window, after this the VM reboots and does the same in a continuous loop. I have tried it in VMWare as well with the same result as well as using XP as an OS instead of Win7.

I created a generic ISO for testing purposes which also boots to the background image and gives me a command prompt where I'm able to see that the VM is receiving an IP correctly from DHCP and is able to communicate with the WDS server.

I'm using Server 2008 R2, MDT 2010 Update 1, SQL 2008 R2 Express and ConfigMgr 2007 Toolit.

Please advise if anyone has run into a similar situation with a resolution.

4 answers to this question

are you doing this in SCCM or purely in MDT 2010 ? sounds like you need network drivers in boot.wim, did you add any ?

enable F8 command prompt support in your boot wim to find out

are you doing this in SCCM or purely in MDT 2010 ? sounds like you need network drivers in boot.wim, did you add any ?

enable F8 command prompt support in your boot wim to find out

I'm purely using MDT2010, I now went and extracted the Hyper-V integration drivers and injected them into my LiteTouchPE ISO but still getting the same result.

Like I mentioned I also generated a generic ISO without the scripts which then gives me a command prompt where I can succesfully do an ipconfig and ping the deployment server so network drivers doesnt seem to be the issue.

The only difference I can see from my environment compared to the tutorial is that I'm using MDT2010 update 1 compared to the previous version.

Might try next to download the previous version and test again.

Hope it works :blink:

How would I enable command prompt support in my ISO with scripts?

Please advise if u can think of any other solutions, thanks

no need for any hyperv files,

just make sure your hyperv VM has the network card set as 'legacy network card'

cheers

Installed the previous version of MDT2010 and everything is running like a dream now, might be an incompatibility somewhere with how the tutorial is setup in regards to MDT2010 Update 1.

Thanks for the help, will definitely be usin the forum if I happen to run into any more troubles.