fogzone

Collection sync from AD security groups

Question

I created some collections based on AD security groups like discribed in the tutorials in this forum.

I noticed some strange behaviour in one of my collections. For testing purposes I placed 4 computers in my AD security group, but sccm syncs only 3 of them to the collection. All of these computers are in the same AD OU so I can't figure out where's the problem. None of these computers are disabled etc.

Only difference I noticed to the missing computer in the sccm collection is that this object is 13 characters long while the others are shorter. Is there a limitation to the computername length or is something other causing the problem?

1 answer to this question

I created some collections based on AD security groups like discribed in the tutorials in this forum.

I noticed some strange behaviour in one of my collections. For testing purposes I placed 4 computers in my AD security group, but sccm syncs only 3 of them to the collection. All of these computers are in the same AD OU so I can't figure out where's the problem. None of these computers are disabled etc.

Only difference I noticed to the missing computer in the sccm collection is that this object is 13 characters long while the others are shorter. Is there a limitation to the computername length or is something other causing the problem?

Hi

I would rightclick on the computer that does not show up in your collection (goto all systems collection).

choose propeties and scroll down to the bottom.

If your group is not listed in the system group name array then you have a discovery problem, if it is listed you have a problem with the update setting of your collection or with the actuall collection query.

post-2500-12815987197934_thumb.jpg

//Marcus