defiantj3

Help on Application Deployment

Question

Hello Guys

So I have fully setup my WDS/MDT enviroment and now I am working on adding the applications to the lightouch enviroment. I have a bunch already on there Adobe 9 pro, MS project visio ect. A few I am having a problem with is the Autodesk products. When I have it either point to a bat file to run an install or type in the entire install path it starts to install but what happens is it runs something else and litetouch thinks its done and runs into it self it says it fails even though the installation is still going on. This woudln't be a huge problem but i tented to have a few applications that are installing one after another. I have seen a few people that have this similar issue but there solutions didn't work. I looked into a deployment wrapper but that didn't work either. Its mainly AutoCAD and Revit software I am looking to deploy with litetouch. Any thoughts would be greatly appricated. I might look into WISE and repackage the entire installer.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Repackaging AutoCAD and Revit is something that AutoDesk does not look upon with a hapy face. Here is a good link on a way to deploy with command line use:

Use their tool to create an adminfile.ini and deploy with the tools on this link:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesInstall/WS1a9193826455f5ff-75c1f7c3124f51ccbd1-6009.htm

• Like 1

Most AutoCAD deployments I have completed have been quiet simple. I'm not sure on prior to 2009 but all software since have had a built in deployment tool. You simply click through the wizard and it will build you a package. Then using a command line like the one below. Keep in mind you will need to change the variable name of the *.ini file, to whatever you named it:

%~dp0AdminImage\setup.exe /W /Q /I "%~dp0AdminImage\AutoCAD 2011.ini" /language en-US