harshad

Software deployed on obselete clients

Question

I have a question with regards to software deployed using SCCM on obselete client. I use SCCM 2007 SP2 in our school environment and some users have laptops. It is possible that these users will not bring their laptops in everyday and some dont bring them till 6 months !! If I have deployed any software or OS image using SCCM then what happens if the client becomes obselete ? Also when they do bring in the laptops next time will it uninstall the deployed software as it now sees the client as obselete ?

1 answer to this question

I have a question with regards to software deployed using SCCM on obselete client. I use SCCM 2007 SP2 in our school environment and some users have laptops. It is possible that these users will not bring their laptops in everyday and some dont bring them till 6 months !! If I have deployed any software or OS image using SCCM then what happens if the client becomes obselete ? Also when they do bring in the laptops next time will it uninstall the deployed software as it now sees the client as obselete ?

A record that is marked obsolete typically was superseded by a newer record for the same client. The newer record becomes the client's current record, and the older record becomes obsolete(In active).Obsolete client will not recive any policies /information from its MP ofcourse if the obsolete client is replaced by new record in SCCM,then obvisly it will get the poclicies if there are any.

In ur case,if the laptops will not be online till next 6 months (for ex) then client record will be removed from SCCM DB as per the maintanance tasks later if they come online and it will send DDR record which will update the information in DB.

• Like 1