sccm_freak

expedite deployment

Question

9 answers to this question

hi there

im facing an issue here , when i specify ASAP to deploy firefox it takes 20-30 mins to deploy it on 3 computers , to be honest this is annoying , isnt there a way to do the deployment immediately ?

thanks

If you download SCCM Client Center then there is an option to "import policy" under the advertisements section. This will make the advertisement run immedietly.

If you want to do it through SCCM, then this is the fastest way:

1. create the package and the collection (make sure collection is updated)

2. create the advertisment (with mandatory schedule)

3. update policy...either through rightclick tools (addon) or by going to the clients, control panel --> conf mgr --> actions --> update machine policy

the problem is the client doesnt understand that point !! i already told him he need to be patient and he just keep nagging like babies

i did the following :

2. create the advertisment (with mandatory schedule) , i specified an exact start and end time

3. update policy by going to the clients, control panel --> conf mgr --> actions --> update machine policy

and nothing HAPPENED since 30 mins , what to do :(

the problem is the client doesnt understand that point !! i already told him he need to be patient and he just keep nagging like babies

i did the following :

2. create the advertisment (with mandatory schedule) , i specified an exact start and end time

3. update policy by going to the clients, control panel --> conf mgr --> actions --> update machine policy

and nothing HAPPENED since 30 mins , what to do sad.gif

the clients might be busy running something else?

Id suggest you download and try out sccm client center. Its a great tool booth for operations and troubleshooting.

PS: rebooting problematic machines has a tendency to solve alot of strange issues rolleyes.gif

start with these

Client Log Files

* CAS - Content Access Service. Maintains the local package cache.

* Ccmexec.log - Records activities of the client and the SMS Agent Host service.

* CertificateMaintenance.log - Maintains certificates for Active Directory directory service and management points.

* ClientIDManagerStartup.log - Creates and maintains the client GUID.

* ClientLocation.log - Site assignment tasks.

* ContentTransferManager.log - Schedules the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) or the Server Message Block (SMB) to download or to access SMS packages.

* DataTransferService.log - Records all BITS communication for policy or package access.

* Execmgr.log - Records advertisements that run.

* FileBITS.log - Records all SMB package access tasks.

* Fsinvprovider.log (renamed to FileSystemFile.log in all SMS 2003 Service Packs) - Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) provider for software inventory and file collection.

* InventoryAgent.log - Creates discovery data records (DDRs) and hardware and software inventory records.

* LocationServices.log - Finds management points and distribution points.

* Mifprovider.log - The WMI provider for .MIF files.

* Mtrmgr.log - Monitors all software metering processes.

* PolicyAgent.log - Requests policies by using the Data Transfer service.

* PolicyAgentProvider.log - Records policy changes.

* PolicyEvaluator.log - Records new policy settings.

* Remctrl.log - Logs when the remote control component (WUSER32) starts.

* Scheduler.log - Records schedule tasks for all client operations.

* Smscliui.log - Records usage of the Systems Management tool in Control Panel.

* StatusAgent.log - Logs status messages that are created by the client components.

* SWMTRReportGen.log - Generates a usage data report that is collected by the metering agent. (This data is logged in Mtrmgr.log.)

another thing is i sent to packages to the clients , for a reason non worked although the logs are showing that the package has been received and content is in progress , there is an issue with transferring the file itself , how to check that the transfer is working :(

?????