Vicmon

Image lockup for HP 6930p

Question

Hello,

I am working on a general image with Driver packages for various computer models. I am having a lockup issue with the HP Elitebook 6930p. When I image the laptop, it locks up at the point where it says 'Windows XP Setup Please wait...' When I force a restart, it continues with the image installation without further issue. I am trying to see why it is locking up.

I am using the Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller for the Driver package. The Driver selected is ESB2 SAST AHCI Controller, and Model is ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller. I chose this model as it is what I saw listed when checking the Device ID (Ven_8086&DEV_2928 for Storage Controller 1 and VEN_8086&DEV_292D for Storage Controller 2). I had actually setup every AHCI and RAID controller in the driver package to make sure the correct one was applied.

MSI Query for driver package: select * from Win32_PNPEntity where PNPDeviceID like "%VEN_8086&DEV_2929%"

I pulled the driver from the HP site (sp48491). SCCM is Version: 4.00.6487.2000, on Server 2008 x64 Enterprise.

Any direction is appreciated. I promise to post any helpful information for any future lookers. B)

post-3258-12825907877613_thumb.png

2 answers to this question

Still trying to get it to work without issue. Now trying to have driver information as part of image. Putting extracted drivers in a folder on the workstation being imaged, and updateing sysprep with information. Here is what is shown in the readme for the storage driver:

extract the driver files: c:\setup.exe -a -pc:\<path> -----I did it a little different--> c:\setup.exe -a -p "C:\6930 Network"

Insert the lines below into the UNATTEND.TXT (sysprep) file

[MassStorageDrivers]

"Intel® 82801IR/IO SATA AHCI Controller" = OEM

[OEMBootFiles]

iaAhci.inf

iaStor.sys

iaAhci.cat

Txtsetup.oem

::::::: I will post more after results. Peace out cyberspace! B)

don't add lines to your sysprep file it wont work that way,

read this post to see the correct way to add the Mass Storage Drivers

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2428-how-to-create-a-driver-package/