jeet

Error 80002004 on Install Software task in OSD Task Sequence

Question

I have created a media DVD stand-alone from task sequence to deploy Windows XP SP3.

I have added a sequence to deploy a software but using media it fails at this step, tried it on two different laptops same problem.

Using SCCM and PXE no problem, but when i use DVD I get Error 80002004 in logs.

I have attached logs please can some help.

Thanks.

Jeet

smsts.log

4 answers to this question

Hi Anyweb,

First of all thank you for your prompt response.

I get message TaskSequence: Windows XP SP3 has failed with error code (0x80002004 ).

Though I cannot find this in my logs but everytime I am getting this same error.

The problem I am facing is If I am trying to deploy an application via the task sequence, using Full Media then it fails after Setup Windows & ConfigMge.

I have tried it on multiple laptops and the same result, though it works perfectly fine if I deploy the same using SCCM & Pixie.

I have attached the a new log file.

Thanks,

Jeet

smsts-20100830-094953.log

smsts.log

The error was not being captured in the log file so I added a step at the end for reboot, now in the logs i get the error message.

I found the issue that I was setting up Time Zone for "Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney" in my image though my server was set for "US & Canada".

I changed the time zone on my server to "Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney", rebooted the server and tried creating the boot media again but it failed again with the same error. Is there anything else I need to do to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jeet

The error was not being captured in the log file so I added a step at the end for reboot, now in the logs i get the error message.

I found the issue that I was setting up Time Zone for "Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney" in my image though my server was set for "US & Canada".

I changed the time zone on my server to "Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney", rebooted the server and tried creating the boot media again but it failed again with the same error. Is there anything else I need to do to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jeet

See if hte link below helps, is the time set correctly in the BIOS too?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/9b72f604-04ae-4eec-9e42-405742f10a90/