ia2s

Connect a computer with another SCCM Server

Question

Hi there,

I have two SCCM server, one for test, one for production. I deploy a computer with my SCCM test server and now, I need to connect this copmputer to in production (to receive software like Firefox and software update to). When i try to do this (i go on Configuration Manager Properties, Advanced and I try to add the site code of my server production), I have an error : "Automatic site code discovery was unsuccessful.". I'm sure my SCCM server in production work well because I have other computer connect to this. It's computer deployed with production server.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

post-6793-12839298287828_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

I have two SCCM server, one for test, one for production. I deploy a computer with my SCCM test server and now, I need to connect this copmputer to in production (to receive software like Firefox and software update to). When i try to do this (i go on Configuration Manager Properties, Advanced and I try to add the site code of my server production), I have an error : "Automatic site code discovery was unsuccessful.". I'm sure my SCCM server in production work well because I have other computer connect to this. It's computer deployed with production server.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Did you check the Boundaries on the production server to manage this computer?

Check the locationservices.log file as well ?

Thank you, it's resolve a part of the probleme. Now, the site code are ok. But, I think I need to do something else because, i don't see the computer in collection and, in Configuration Manager Properties, in General, Site Mode stau "Unknown"....

I don't use AD. So I create a computer (Computer association => Import Computer Information => Import a single computer) with the same MAC adresse like the computer i want to be connect with the server. It's not resolve the probleme... Sorry for my English

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Thank you, it's resolve a part of the probleme. Now, the site code are ok. But, I think I need to do something else because, i don't see the computer in collection and, in Configuration Manager Properties, in General, Site Mode stau "Unknown"....

anks in advance.

Best Regards

What does the Logs(clientlocations,locationservices.log) says ? is your computer is talking to MP ? Update the collection memership ?

What does the Logs(clientlocations,locationservices.log) says ? is your computer is talking to MP ? Update the collection memership ?

When I see "ClientLocation" => no problem, the current Management Point is OK (is the SCCM Server for production so it's good), but for the "LocationServices", i have many error. I don't know why, the client is "assigning to site 'XYZ'" (my SCCM test server) and after with, "LSGetSIteVersionFromSLP", it search a site version returned from SLP for "XYZ" (exactly => LSGetSiteVersionFromSLP : No site version returned from SLP for site <XYZ>). Just after, I have => LSVerifySiteVersion: Failed to get Site Version from AD and SLP....

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

LocationServices.log

When I see "ClientLocation" => no problem, the current Management Point is OK (is the SCCM Server for production so it's good), but for the "LocationServices", i have many error. I don't know why, the client is "assigning to site 'XYZ'" (my SCCM test server) and after with, "LSGetSIteVersionFromSLP", it search a site version returned from SLP for "XYZ" (exactly => LSGetSiteVersionFromSLP : No site version returned from SLP for site <XYZ>). Just after, I have => LSVerifySiteVersion: Failed to get Site Version from AD and SLP....

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Have you removed the boundaries(client IP) from test server for this client PC since one client can not assign to 2 Sites?

Do you have an SLP site role installed on your site(Production) ? check if there are any entries in System Management container in AD ?

Have you removed the boundaries(client IP) from test server for this client PC since one client can not assign to 2 Sites?

Do you have an SLP site role installed on your site(Production) ? check if there are any entries in System Management container in AD ?

Have you removed the boundaries(client IP) from test server for this client PC since one client can not assign to 2 Sites? => YES

Do you have an SLP site role installed on your site(Production) ? => YES

check if there are any entries in System Management container in AD ? => I don't understand, can you explain me please

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Have you removed the boundaries(client IP) from test server for this client PC since one client can not assign to 2 Sites? => YES

Do you have an SLP site role installed on your site(Production) ? => YES

check if there are any entries in System Management container in AD ? => I don't understand, can you explain me please

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

check out ,if you have the below entries for SLP in System Management container.

Untitled.png

post-3797-12839499120635_thumb.png

I chose do not connected SCCM to AD. So, when I need to add a computer to a collection, I use "Computer association" ( Import computer information => Single computer)

So, I haven't got this option in my AD. It's not existe a configuration file which containt configuration to delete. So, the computer must be search and find the new server, like a new computer in deployment.....?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

SLP entries can be published in AD(schema Extend) only if you have SLP role created for SCCM site server . can you check in Active Directory users and computers(dsa.msc)--->Domain-->system--->system Management (To get this,enable advance Features from View)

As far as I understand this issue, I assume the AD is not extended for SCCM. Which means, like Konetie says, you need a Server Locator Point (SLP) to tell the clients where to find the Management Point (MP) of the Site. As the AD is not extended there is no use in searching the AD for a record that doesn't exist :)

A client can only find an SLP, when the SLP is published in WINS, or when the SLP is specified in the installation properties of the client (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694195.aspx)