Tjindarr

Changing SCCM server

Question

Hi.

We have a SCCM server running server 2008 with SCCM sp2

But its not running to well. its slow and i constantly have to restart the WDS service when i add a new computer to install. The SCCM mmc crashes and so on.

I was thinking of setting up a new server running Server 2008 R2. i still wanna keep the SQL database but move that to a SQL server 2008 R2.

im just wondering if theres something i need to watch out for when setting up the new server or moving the database...

ive read that moving the database isnt the simplest thing but the new server should be a problem i just need to move the site settings right?

2 answers to this question

Hi.

We have a SCCM server running server 2008 with SCCM sp2

But its not running to well. its slow and i constantly have to restart the WDS service when i add a new computer to install. The SCCM mmc crashes and so on.

I was thinking of setting up a new server running Server 2008 R2. i still wanna keep the SQL database but move that to a SQL server 2008 R2.

im just wondering if theres something i need to watch out for when setting up the new server or moving the database...

ive read that moving the database isnt the simplest thing but the new server should be a problem i just need to move the site settings right?

The move is done.

I ended completely removing the old SCCM installation and begun from scratch again.

Its now up and running on a Server 2008 R2 and a seperate Server 2008 R2 running SQL server 2008 R2. running really smoothly.

The only problem i ran into was that the SPN was not set for the user running the SQL services.