Tjindarr

Client problems with new SCCM installation

Question

Ive just set up a new SCCM server and uninstalled the old one, the reason for this is that the old one was a test from the begining and we implemeted it into our production enviroment becouse lack of time.

Now ive setup a new one with server 2008 R2 and the SQL database is on a seperate SQL server 2008R2.

The problem im having is that about 70% of the CCM clients are not reporting back to the server that the client is installed.

I´ve checked about 10 computers in our domain and the client is installed the the sitecode is correct.

If i go to control panel > Configuration Manager and check under actions i have machine and user policy retrieval.....

When i run these 2 the client shows up as installed on the SCCM console.

Is there a way to trigger these 2 with a login script or a GPO?

I really really dont wanna go around starting those actions on 400 computers.

6 answers to this question

Is there a way to trigger these 2 with a login script or a GPO?

I really really dont wanna go around starting those actions on 400 computers.

You can use Right click Tools or simple batch script to restart the SMS agent Host service to look up for changes and assign to New SCCM site server.

I would start with the ClientIDManagerStartup.log, the LocationServices.log and the ClientLocation.log

Solved it by adding a login script that initiates the user and machine policy action.

Tried it on a couple of computers and there status quickly changed from "no" to "yes" under client