Yekim

Oracle 11g and SQL Express 2008 Clients being deployed via SCCM 2007, can this be done?

Question

Hello,

I am trying to deploy SQL 2008 Express client and Oracle 11g client with SCCM. Both installs are not working as they should. On a test machine if I run the install locally from a cmd prompt both SQL and Oracle. Has anyone experienced this?

My commands are below:

SQL: Setup.exe /ConfigurationFile=MyConfigurationFile.INI /Q

Oracle: setup.exe -waitforcompletion -responseFile client.rsp -silent -noconsole

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I am trying to deploy SQL 2008 Express client and Oracle 11g client with SCCM. Both installs are not working as they should. On a test machine if I run the install locally from a cmd prompt both SQL and Oracle. Has anyone experienced this?

My commands are below:

SQL: Setup.exe /ConfigurationFile=MyConfigurationFile.INI /Q

Oracle: setup.exe -waitforcompletion -responseFile client.rsp -silent -noconsole

I have deployed both SQL and Oracle with SCCM. The SQL setup parameter is different than what I use. You don't need the /q on the end specify in the config file the UI type to use and use .\configfilename.ini. Also are these being downloaded to the client cache or run from the DP? If they are running on the DP the oracle command line looks fine to me, though you might have to specify a location that isn't an admin share for the response file. If they are downloading to the client cache try running the installs from the client cache launching from the directory that the client cache resides in using the exact same command line you have in the program.

What are the server reports saying when the program fails?