MarcoX

Deploying Windows 2008 R2 on C:/

Question

Hello everybody :) ,

i'm experiencing a strange trouble about deploying a RETAIL .wim of Windows Server 2008 R2 (i mean the .win on sources Retail DVD, not a captured image).

Indeed i just want to do a standard server task sequence (not an MDT one) via SCCM 2007 R3, and after deploying OS, my System is installed on D:/ and not C:/ as usual

Only one partition, the bootable one + SYstem.

I don't understand why my system is installed on D:/ and not C:/ since it's the only one partition available..

I tried to create 2 partition in my task sequence the bootable one , and the other for the system..i got same probleme.

I tried to use Varialble to force to install on C:/ ...Same probleme..

well i must miss something, i don't got this trouble with other OS deployment ..

Well, i would like to have The First partition bootable (with boot.mgr) hidden with no letter and My IOS (WS2008R2) on C:/ ... this is the best way.

do you have the tips to do it with WS2008R2 ?

Here is my (very simple) TS that dosent work :

screen01tj.jpg

screen02dm.jpg

Some idea ? some users got same prob ?

Regards, :)

Marc.

4 answers to this question