ChandanOmkar

Win XP to Win7 upgrade and Replace - Task sequence not executing

Question

Hi,

I am working with SCCM 2007 and currently i am working on XP to Win7 upgrade and replace scenario.

In this task i am facing a problem regarding the TS. The TS is not getting executed in the client machines.

Everything is working fine in SCCM, like installing of fresh win 7 through OSD, software distribution.

The problem is that the USMT process does not start on client. Do i need to add any program in the created USMT package. What are the possible causes for this?

My task consists of the following :

capture the user state

applying the captured Win7 image on the pc

restoring the user state

also the application settings should get restore [e.g. outlook and its rules also]

Thanks

Chandan Omkar

Thanks Niall and Peter for your support. After checking the Restore local user profiles in the Restore User Files and Settings , the user files migrated successfully from XP to Win7, however wallpaper was not migrated. Can you please explain why the wall paper was not migrated?

Thanks