MaWi

Problem installing SCCM 2007 Advanced Client

Question

Hi,

at this very moment I have problems installing the SCCM Client on a recently migrated site. We run the install manually (CCMSETUP.EXE /noservice SMSSITECODE=CS1) and the client gets installed, but there are some things missing in Configuration Manager:

- Components Tab only showing components Installed (not enabled)

- Actions Tab only showing 2 actions (Machine Policy Retrieval & User Policy Retrieval)

- Updates & Configuration Tabs are mssing

Automatic site code discovery was unsuccessful (I also ran the ClientAssignment tool and this is working correctly)

I also get the following errors in the various CCM logs:

CcmExec.log

-----------

[CCMHTTP] HTTP ERROR: URL=http://<SCCM-Server>/ccm_system_windowsauth/request, Port=80, Protocol=http, SSLOptions=0, Code=0, Text=CCM_E_BAD_HTTP_STATUS_CODE

HandleRemoteSyncSend failed (0x80040231)

CForwarder_Sync::Send failed (0x80040231)

CForwarder_Base::Send failed (0x80040231)

ClientIDManagerStartup.log

--------------------------

RegTask: Client is not registered. Sending registration request...

RegTask: Failed to send registration request message. Error: 0x80040231

RegTask: Failed to send registration request. Error: 0x80040231

CAS.log

-------

Software Distribution Site Settings for the client are missing from WMI.

CacheConfig::InitializeFromWmi - GetSWDistSiteSettings failed with 0x80004005. Default site settings will be used

LocationServices.log

--------------------

DhcpGetOriginalSubnetMask entry point not supported.

Current AD site of machine is <Site>

Attempting to retrieve SLPs from AD

Failed to resolve 'SMS_SLP' to IP address from WINS

LSGetSLP : Failed to resolve SLP from WINS, is it published

LSGetAssignedSiteFromSLP : Unable to get the list of SLPs

PolicyEvaluator.log

-------------------

Failed to trigger Machine settings update (80070057)

smscliui.log

------------

Site is in mixed mode. Internet tab will not be displayed

Current Assigned Site: CS1

Attempt to auto discover site has failed. Error: 0X40002

AD Scheme has been extended, SLP record is available in AD

The computer shows up in SCCM as Active

I can connect to the PC with SCCM Client Center, but when I query for the GUID I get "Not Found"

We never had this problem with other Sites, it really drives me nuts!!

I spend the last days "Googling", found a lot of articles, but none gave me a good solution.

Anyone any idea, am I missing things??

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mario

The netherlands

8 answers to this question

after Migrated to SCCM,have you extended the Schema ?

Seems that,Client is unable to locate MP. Did you check Boundaries are defined or not ?

Do you have firewall enabled ?

are you able resolve the IP address on the client machine ?

Do you see any red alerts/warning messeges under site system-->Component status.

Can you try running the 2 available actions and monitor the logs (locationservices,clientlocation logs)

after Migrated to SCCM,have you extended the Schema ?

Seems that,Client is unable to locate MP. Did you check Boundaries are defined or not ?

Do you have firewall enabled ?

are you able resolve the IP address on the client machine ?

Do you see any red alerts/warning messeges under site system-->Component status.

Can you try running the 2 available actions and monitor the logs (locationservices,clientlocation logs)

Hi Eswar,

concerning the Schema update, yes we did this. SLP entry can be found in AD and the client can connect to the MP (I also tested this by going to http://<Server>/SMS_MP/.sms_aut?MPLIST).

Boundaries are defined (AD Site).

Firewall is enabled, but I alse tesed withe the firewall disabled.

I can resolve the IP address of the MP on the client (also recursive), so DNS looks OK

I can see some warnings, but none are related to the problems I'm facing

ClientLocation.log

------------------

Getting Assigned Site ClientLocation 27-10-2010 23:59:17 868 (0x0364)

Assigned Site is CS1 ClientLocation 27-10-2010 23:59:17 868 (0x0364)

Getting Assigned Site ClientLocation 27-10-2010 23:59:20 2152 (0x0868)

Assigned Site is CS1 ClientLocation 27-10-2010 23:59:20 2152 (0x0868)

GetCurrentManagementPointEx ClientLocation 28-10-2010 0:11:16 2116 (0x0844)

Current Management Point is <FQDN> with version 6487 and capabilities: <Capabilities SchemaVersion="1.0">

</Capabilities>. ClientLocation 28-10-2010 0:11:16 2116 (0x0844)

LocationServices.log doesn't get changed, but here is some old log from yesterday:

Failed to reset certificate request times. (0x80041002) LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Persisted Default Management Point Location locally LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Failed to reset certificate request times. (0x80041002) LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Attempting to retrieve local MP from AD LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

DhcpGetOriginalSubnetMask entry point not supported. LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Current AD site of machine is <AD Site> LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Retrieved local Management Point from AD: <FQDN> LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

The 'Certificate Store' is empty in the registry, using default store name 'MY'. LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Refreshing client operational settings over AD LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Refreshed security settings over AD LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

No security settings update detected. LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:00 4080 (0x0FF0)

Unknown task LSProxyMPModificationTask in non-quarantine - ignoring. LocationServices 27-10-2010 11:25:02 2908 (0x0B5C)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing, the AD Site has a subnet mask of /23, while the client gets a subnet mask of /24.

I tested by giving the client manual IP, with subnet mask of /23, but this also didn't work.

The reason they use a /23 is that on ther specific site there are 2 networks.

Mario

If the client is able to talk to MP and assigned to the Site correctly( from locationservices.log),client should get the site code,since all seems to be well.

Try restaring the SMS agent host service and try the discvery site code,if that helps ?

If the client is able to talk to MP and assigned to the Site correctly( from locationservices.log),client should get the site code,since all seems to be well.

Try restaring the SMS agent host service and try the discvery site code,if that helps ?

Ok, I restared the Agent Host on the PC, but when I click on Dsicover in the Configuration Manager, I get "Automatic site code discovery was unsuccessful".

We finally figured it out, it turned out to be a policy on the Watchguard Firewall. We did a Wireshark trace and saw Response Denied by Watchguard http Proxy. We changed it and almost instantly the client became alive!

The whole problem was that the client couldn't authenticate itself with the MP.

Mario

brilliant, i'd be very interested in you posting details about how you did the trace so others may benefit :)

Basicly what we did we installed WireShark on one of the client PC's to do the network trace (be sure to install WinPcap and run in Promiscuous mode).

When looking at the log we noticed an entry Response denied by Watchguard http proxy which means that http authentication wasn't succesfull.

We passed this info to our colleagues and asked them to adjust the settings in the firewall; this did the trick.

Hello all,

I have the same problem as when Task sequence install the OSD and Client.....everything works fine, but not able to assign the site code, i would have to manually assign the site code, it than recognize it......my issue here is when i m doing usmt data migration the restore scanstate fails as it could not find the site code assign to client.

please need help as i have a demo for ZTI with usmt data migration at one of my client location

My MP and SLP are working fine

Site Boundries are defined with AD site

hardlink with client to connect to site = LAB is not working

i have a demo tomorrow, can someone help me