Shweta

PXE Boot error:Press F12 for network service boot

Question

I am working on Vmware image and using Build & Capture option to create Windows XP SP3 wim file.

when i reboot the client machine it starts downloading WDSNBP and immediately i recive an message promting to

press F12 for network service boot

WDS and DHCP services are running,Is there anything to be taken care of while working on vmware.

5 answers to this question

I am working on Vmware image and using Build & Capture option to create Windows XP SP3 wim file.

when i reboot the client machine it starts downloading WDSNBP and immediately i recive an message promting to

press F12 for network service boot

WDS and DHCP services are running,Is there anything to be taken care of while working on vmware.

Are you getting any error or do you want to Aviod promting to Press F12 ?

If you are looking to Aviod asking to press F12 if so,take a look this noob here

But on Server 2008, when i configure WDS i am unable to get the settings mentioned to change it

all it shows are the paths for Default boot program and Default boot image (PSA file for reference)

WDS-Properties.bmp

But on Server 2008, when i configure WDS i am unable to get the settings mentioned to change it

all it shows are the paths for Default boot program and Default boot image (PSA file for reference)

Try changing the default pxeboot file to pxeboot.n12 from your WDS boot folder.click on browse and select this file and restatr the WDS Server to make the changes effctive.

WDS-Properties1.jpg