JS00

SCCM 2007 R2, Image capture wizard errors saying Sysprep files not found

Question

Hey guys,

This is my first post, and this is an awesome site to get help on SCCM !

Ok so basically I have SCCM 2007 R2, on Windows 2008 Ent Ed.

My Sccm server has the PXE role, is the MP, DP.

I have a separate DHCP and separate DC in the AD environment.

I have created a Boot media capture disk for x86 and x64 bit boot images.

I was able to successfully capture an image for an x86 Windows 7 machine.

When i insert the x64 boot media capture disc in to the Windows 7 x64 bit machine i need captured, i start autorun and i click next and i get an error saying:

"Sysprep files are not found in the local machine. Please copy them to C:\windows\system32\sysprep"

The problem here is that the sysprep files do exist at that location. And ive tried several things like deleting the folder, re-adding it back in. Re-creating the boot media capture disc but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

JSS

1 answer to this question

you need to create a sysprep file and add it to that location on your windows 7 box that your creating an image from. You can create an unattended xml sysprep with either Windows System Image Manager or find one online and tweak to your liken.

Not sure if this will help but what i do is create an image and sysprep manually: sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:FILENAME.xml

take a WinPE and inject imagex and capture a wim of that image locally (imagex /compress fast /check /capture c: e:\Windows7image.wim "Windows 7 Image"), once captured just copy the new wim to you image capture share for SCCM to access and import the image into SCCM and add to your DP. you can now setup a task sequence and use the imported image. If you have issues with SCCM running sysprep during the task sequence, just have SCCM run the unattened sysprep xml file used when creating the image as part of the task sequence.