Shweta

Problem faced during Build and Capture

Question

I am capturing windows 7 Image from task sequence using Build and capture option.

On Client machine it loads the boot file and i see the SCCM screen for a while

and a progress bar stating that Intializing PXE ... for a while and after that it reboots

and login into windows but no task sequence progress is seen

also smsts.log is also not getting generated to troubleshoot

On server when i check the task sequence status, it shows No status under Exceuting State.

Please suggest.

3 answers to this question

sounds like you havnt loaded network drivers in your boot.wim, enable F8 support bring up the command prompt in winpe and type ipconfig to find out

Thanks for the prompt reply, but i am using the boot.wim already defined when we install Config Mngr which does not have n/w drivers in it.

Besides that if i use the boot.wim from the windows 7 iso extracted under source folder then on the client end i get the error stating

the Windows Configuration data file is not a valid OS.

meanwhile i try out the suggestion mentioned by you.

Thanks for the prompt reply, but i am using the boot.wim already defined when we install Config Mngr which does not have n/w drivers in it.

Besides that if i use the boot.wim from the windows 7 iso extracted under source folder then on the client end i get the error stating

the Windows Configuration data file is not a valid OS.

meanwhile i try out the suggestion mentioned by you.

I troubleshooted the smsts.log file found that there were permission issues with NAC and also

updated the ditribution points and pointed it again in TS.That resolved the issue.

Thanks the articles are very useful in these forums.