YiannosG

How can i migrate my SCCM Server to a new SCCM Server

Hello.

Can anybody point me to the right direction? I want to rename my SCCM 2007 server but this can not be done directly as i read. What can i do to achieve this?

My setup consists of one machine (Win 2003) having the SCCM console and SQL database 2005

I read something that i need to create a secondary site and when the data flows down to the secondary site i can promote it and remove the other?

SQL will be replicated? What about the site code? Thank you in advance

It's indeed all because renaming a Site server is not supported. So you don't need to create a Secondary Site, but another Primary Site and make it a child of the existing Primary Site. This will make the data flow to the new Site server. After that remove the connection between the two and you are ready to go.

Also don't reuse your Site code, as it can mess things up.

It's indeed all because renaming a Site server is not supported. So you don't need to create a Secondary Site, but another Primary Site and make it a child of the existing Primary Site. This will make the data flow to the new Site server. After that remove the connection between the two and you are ready to go.

Also don't reuse your Site code, as it can mess things up.

Thank you Peter for the prompt respond

i have a similar problem: i installed a new sccm 2012 where i want to migrate all the stuff over. now i realize that both server-old and new-have the same site code.

can i just rename the new server or how do i have to proceed? pls dont tell me to un-and reinstall it...