Finamore

Removing Computer from Collection

Question

Hi Everyone,

I managed to make everything work fine in the SCCM 2007, but I have a question about the OSD:

When I import the machine information to deploy a new OS, I'll place this machine on a collection called "Blank for Staging". So far so good.

The point is after I deploy the new OS, the machine is running and everything, the computer is on the right Collections (All Windws 7 Systems, RJ - Workstations) but it is still on the "Blank for Staging" Collection. How do I remove from there? I tried the delete option but it deleted the computer from the SCCM.

Augusto Finamore

4 answers to this question

it sounds like he's using Computer Association to import the machines details into a collection. although why he's using 'blank for staging' is beyond me, as that's a BLANK collection where you never put computers into, to be used for the software update templates....

so perhaps Finamore can explain ?

Importing computers info Via Computer association and adding it to collection 'blank for staging' is direct membership Rule and the computer will fall into the collection where it matches the Criteria (here All Windws 7 Systems, RJ - Workstations) and imported computer will not be deleted from balnk for staging.

You can delete the computer name from Direct membership from Blank for staging collection Directly. Isnt it so simple ?

Hi Guys, thanks for the answers but i figured that out: I was looking on the wrong place, I deleted the client on the "Membership Rules" tab on the Collection Properties.

Just explaining how I'm using this: I created this (Blank for Staging) collection to advertise the OS installation, so it won't take any changes on accidentally deploying the OS on any other machine. This collection if filled manually when importing the computer using Computer Association.

Thanks for the help!