Vancouverite

Scheduling Mandatory Software Distribution

Question

I'm trying to make sure that my understanding of how scheduling software distribution works, in particular if you set it for "as soon as possible" or at "logon", is correct.

Am I right in thinking that the installation is only going to start once the client has checked back into the server and picked up the advertisement, something which might take several minutes on a machine that has just started. I'm hoping that there is some way to force the installation to start as soon as they log in, preferably before they have the chance to open any other applications.

What if they have already gone past the deadline when the computer boots up? If the advertisment had become available the previous day would the client know this (and start the install immediately) or would it still have to check in first.

Also, whenever I've tested scheduling installation for "logoff" it still seems to do the actual install at the next logon and not while the user is logging off. Is that expected behaviour?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet