Stiffe

Subcollections in SCCM 2012

Created two subcollection (OSD and Common) without any membership rules but they doesn't show up. Tried to update the collection membership and restart the client but they're not there (pic 1).

Strange thing is if i try to create it again it says that it already exists. If i right click on the collection (Applications) and pick "create link to collection", i'm able to browse the subcollections (pic2).

Any ideas?

Edit: Noticed that i posted in the wrong section and i can't find the delete button :)

post-4391-12921444080663_thumb.png

post-4391-12921444160176_thumb.png

the use of subcollections is being discouraged in sccm2012 from what i've heard, but creating them (and finding them) is possible, have a look at Jamitupya's post here

Created two subcollection (OSD and Common) without any membership rules but they doesn't show up. Tried to update the collection membership and restart the client but they're not there (pic 1).

Strange thing is if i try to create it again it says that it already exists. If i right click on the collection (Applications) and pick "create link to collection", i'm able to browse the subcollections (pic2).

Any ideas?

Edit: Noticed that i posted in the wrong section and i can't find the delete button smile.gif

collection members doesnt show up any subcollection .To see all the subcollection for a parent collection ,Let say ,You created a collection called "applications" with subcollctions(many) under it.

To see all subcoll,Click on "Device collections",click on "applications" ,on the action pane,you will have option called ,"Show subcollections" click on it to see all.

collection members doesnt show up any subcollection .To see all the subcollection for a parent collection ,Let say ,You created a collection called "applications" with subcollctions(many) under it.

To see all subcoll,Click on "Device collections",click on "applications" ,on the action pane,you will have option called ,"Show subcollections" click on it to see all.

of course, the answer is obvious smile.gif nice catch ! still I think they are hiding sub-collections for a reason, (server load perhaps ?)

of course, the answer is obvious smile.gif nice catch ! still I think they are hiding sub-collections for a reason, (server load perhaps ?)

Didn't know they discouraged the use of Sub Collections. That doesn't make sense anyway. I don't want a mess of a bunch of main collections. If they let me create folders to put my collections in then yeah I wouldn't need subs. But so far I have my imaging collection set up like so

Systems to Reimage

-Mandatory Push - Image A

-Mandatory Push - Image B

So you are saying they would rather have me make 3 collections for all of those ugh.