Code Yeti

Deploy & Capture Issue

Question

First off hello to one and all! hope everyone is have a good (stress free) December! Love all the guides here which are super helpful!!

Okay, so the problem. When I try and use the deploy and capture sequence (following the guide) the client gets the PXE request and starts to load up. I see the green loading bar, once that is done I am left with a blank black screen with a white mouse cursor (which is movable telling me the machine hasn't hung).

It's as if windows PE loads, but just stops. Any ideas? I've googled myself insane trying to find anyone having the same issue.

This is running in a VM (VMware) on a virtual network separated from the physical network, so using a physical machine isn't an option at this time.

6 answers to this question

So if this is running on a virtual network that is separated from the physical network (which is where I assume your SCCM server reside), do you have things set up to allow the machine to be imaged when it's not on the physical network? Also, is this your first OS deployment (not capture, just trying to verify that your VM settings are correct and the infrastructure is in place), or have you deployed others to your virtual machine?