thadkew

Windows 7 not activating...

Question

I'm able to deploy and image, but the Windows 7 is not being activated during deployment task.

I've checked the WAIK and added the oobeSystem|x86_Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup_neutral|FirstLogonCommands|SynchronousCommand task that should activate it, but it's just not doing so.

"cscript //b c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Is it better to use a script that can be run that will activate it via the task sequence instead of WAIK?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I'm able to deploy and image, but the Windows 7 is not being activated during deployment task.

I've checked the WAIK and added the oobeSystem|x86_Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup_neutral|FirstLogonCommands|SynchronousCommand task that should activate it, but it's just not doing so.

"cscript //b c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Is it better to use a script that can be run that will activate it via the task sequence instead of WAIK?

Thanks!

try running the command prompt with admin rights and use this commnd to activate : c:\windows\system32\cscript slmgr.vbs –ato

If that doesnt work,try running the command c:\windows\system32\cscript slmgr.vbs -dlv to diagnose if the client is able to talk to KMS server or not.

try running the command prompt with admin rights and use this commnd to activate : c:\windows\system32\cscript slmgr.vbs –ato

If that doesnt work,try running the command c:\windows\system32\cscript slmgr.vbs -dlv to diagnose if the client is able to talk to KMS server or not.

Worked perfectly. I added that to my deployment task sequence and voila!

Thanks

Worked perfectly. I added that to my deployment task sequence and voila!

Thanks

Hey hi just saw your post after searching numerous posts on the web. I just want to know if used the command

c:\windows\system32> Slmgr /ipk XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

by applying a genuine product key, will this activate the windows or it will just validate and install the product key and i have to use /ato option for activating it later.

See my purpose is to only validate a supplied product key as i am developing application for OEMs who want to activate the windows later. I just want to validate whether product key is valid,

So if i use /ipk option with Slmgr:-

1.) Will this validate(and if OK) then install and activate the windows.

2.) Or it will do a validate(and if OK) just install the product key.

I'm desperately lloking for help on second option, as i just want to validate and install the key, but dont want to activate windows.