qaisar

Slow Performance

Question

Hi

I've been trying to find the root cause of slowness of some computers (Win XP) that happened last week within my environment. I've been going through the event viewer and firewall logs of those particular computers (for a particular date and particular time range). I have not found anything on those computers yet but I was wondering if there is any other log files (any registry settings etc) that I should look for that could provide me any useful information about the slowness.

thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

slowness of winxp may be due to many reasons..

1) indexing of files.

2) less space on C drive.

3) Antivirus

4) unwanted softwares ..etc...

Solution : eventviewer will not report any slowness issues. try to stop the indexing service from services.msc. Defragment the C drive. use defragler by piriform. The solution that i am giving is only based on your post, if you could tell me much more details i am sure i will help you ...