anyweb

how can I deploy Office 2010 Professional Plus using SCCM 2007 - Part 2

Question

In part one of this guide, we prepared Office 2010 X86 by downloading the files required (including the OCT), and created our own MSP file. Now we will add that customised package to ConfigMgr.

Step 1. Create the Office 2010 Package

Note: Before starting this step, copy the c:\Office2010x86 folder we created in part one of this guide, to your application sources share on your SCCM server, eg:

\\WIN-CILZXI45G1Q\apps\office2010x86

Open your ConfigMgr console, and expand Computer Management, Software Distribution. Right click on Packages and choose New Package.

new package.jpg

Fill in your package details on the wizard screen

general.jpg

point it to the data source on your network share

data source.jpg

and click next through the wizard until you see the confirmation screen.

summary.jpg

Guys,

Again great tutorial. I just got another doubt! I have created multiple msp files ( ex-Office 2010Std, Office 2010Pro & Office 2010ProPlus) and moved those to root folder. What is the commandline for adding specific msp according to user requirement? You mentioned that if we run setup.exe it will pick msp from update folder and can only place one msp in there.

Thanks again for your tutorial