Antonius138

Cannot View Reports

Question

Hello all,

I just successfully deployed my first batch of patches using SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 and everything is working great. I then went to the SCCM guides that anyweb has made (which are great by the way) and wanted to run the compliance report that is listed in the screens there. When I right click and choose 'run' to run the report I get prompted for credentials. This is odd as I have a service account that has domain admin rights that does all of the other functions on SCCM inclduing OS deployment which has worked with no issues. I attempted to enter these credentials as wel as my own domain admin credentials and I am still unable to run the report. I looked and did not see anything that stood out in the event viewer logs, and I did not recieve any error messages on the console.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

2 answers to this question

Hello all,

I just successfully deployed my first batch of patches using SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 and everything is working great. I then went to the SCCM guides that anyweb has made (which are great by the way) and wanted to run the compliance report that is listed in the screens there. When I right click and choose 'run' to run the report I get prompted for credentials. This is odd as I have a service account that has domain admin rights that does all of the other functions on SCCM inclduing OS deployment which has worked with no issues. I attempted to enter these credentials as wel as my own domain admin credentials and I am still unable to run the report. I looked and did not see anything that stood out in the event viewer logs, and I did not recieve any error messages on the console.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

What error it gives afrer you entered the credentails on the prompt ?

can you check the properties security settings--->local intranet and enable automatic login with current username and password and add the site in trusted sites as well.

What error it gives afrer you entered the credentails on the prompt ?

can you check the properties security settings--->local intranet and enable automatic login with current username and password and add the site in trusted sites as well.

Thats the thing, it doesnt give any error messages, I could basically keep entering in passwords until I lock out accounts. All other functions in SCCM work perfectly fine. I would assume here that if there was a problem with the service account then nothing would work?

A.

UPDATE: I did some testing on the console on the server and I was able to run the reports there. I have the IE9 beta installed and this is probably the cause. Thanks for the tip Eswar!

Anthony