shamos

problem with DHCP

Question

i want to deploy Windows seven but seem i have problem with DHCP and wds can anybody help me this is the error

" Network Discovery failed to connect to a DHCP server due to a connection error. (Network Discovery can communicate only with Microsoft DHCP servers; if you do not use these servers, you can ignore this error.)

Solution: If you are using Microsoft DHCP servers, then refer to the specific error string for details. This error message means that fewer clients and networks will be found than otherwise. Note that this message will not be generated again during this Network Discovery session, regardless of how often the error occurs."

Regards ,

4 answers to this question

I'm getting this error now as well and can't find anything in the event logs as to why this would happen. My SCCM 2012 computer account is a member of the DHCP Users group and I can verify in the security section of the DHCP server's event logs that it has a success audit entry when connecting.