peled

Need to Mandatory Assignments Run At Logon

Question

Hello all

I need to set Advertisment as mandatory, to run every logon.

I set the program to "Only when a user is logged on".

I set the Advertisment as Mandatory at logon and "Always rerun program".

The Advertisment run the program just once.

What am i doing worng?

Thanks a haed

Peled

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

You also need to create a recurring schedule every day, otherwise the Always rerun program doesn't have any use. Also keep in mind that Only when a user is logged on doesn't mean it will run during logon. It only means that a user has to be logged on.

Thanks.

I know i need to create a recurring schedule and i did .... I set it as mandatory on "Logon" but it didnt work.

You also need to create a recurring schedule every day, otherwise the Always rerun program doesn't have any use. Also keep in mind that Only when a user is logged on doesn't mean it will run during logon. It only means that a user has to be logged on.

Anyone?

Thanks

That was completely wrong pointer (only run when no user is logged on)

I am also struggling to get something to run on user logon (something that I could easily achieve with my previous solution)

Do it with Task Scheduler is not an option, as I need to have it run ONLY when a member of specific group (Students) logs in.

Basically I need to run delpro2 to delete "old" profiles, but ONLY when student logs in (as it will be 99.9% a student workstation)

I do NOT want it to run when Staff logs in on ANY machine (staff or student workstation)

Seb

Have you trid deloying to a user rather than computer?

Im not sure how the always rerun behaves but there could be some logic in having a "always rerun" for a user deployment, thus eerytime a user logs on, it runs.

I dont use user deploys much but worth a shot.