vstevenson

PXE/WinPE2 boot CD

Question

I've got a good one here.

WAN machines can be PXE'd or booted with WinPE2 cd without any issue for the exception of one. Upon a successful PXE with the boot.wim downloaded properly, systems require that I remove the CD......which of course wasn't used in the 1st place nor was it physically in the cd drive.

As Captain Kirk says, "weird or what".

boot images x86 and x64 are on all PXE point servers.

for my XP SP3, i use x86

for my win 7 64 bit enterprise, I use x64.

and to clarify. I pxe the windows XP Sp3 X86 32 bit machine, pick my OS, workstation downloads what it needs, Remove winpe2 cd gui comes up. I OK that and the system reboots and carries on as normal.

PXE should use the most recently updated image, try updating your x86 with a new source version and see if that works. (Just an idea, might not work)

You need a x64 boot iamge on the PSP for a 64-bit machine to boot, however i want to say it will always use the MOST RECENTLY updated image, but i can't confirm that. Also, you can deploy both x86 and x64 OS's from a x86 boot image, so you don't really need to have a x64 image for TS's, but it needs to be on the PSP in order for pxe to work successfully.

Also do you have any mandatory TS's? That will effect the boot image used as well.