mymanmo

PXE Error

Question

We presently intalled MDT 2010 and WDS to manage deployment in a large school district. Have run into one problem after another when attempting to PXE Boot using WDS. We have MDT and WDS installed on Windows Server 2008 r2 and our dhcp is on a different server. We receive an ip from dhcp and then receive error T01-Could not find file.

We have installed the boot folder from our MDT wim file and provided the path to the boot folder. I have tried everything that I could think of, including any information I found on the web, uninstalling and re-installing WDS. Checked folder permissions. Regenerated boot files. Checked udp ports, in sum we are stumped!

Any assistance would be greaty appreciated

4 answers to this question

is the client on the same vlan as the dhcp server ? did you configure any DHCP scope options ?

did you configure WDS ?

The client is on the same vlan as the server and dhcp scope options were configured, although my boss handled that end. WDS was configured. At first I received a "file not found" error. Then making some changes in the path for the boot folder I receive an "access authorization" error. I haven't worked with DHCP too much. If you could advise me of what should have been configured I will check it. I know that there was group set up in AD with the appropriate permissions assigned. I apologize if I sound somewhat naive but all the settings I have made between WDS and MDT were done following guides provided my MS. Thank you for your quick reply.

well have you seen the guides here, they are specifically for WDS in Windows Server 2008

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/forum/65-windows-deployment-services/

I need the full error that you are receiving, can you please post it here