MarcoX

disable F12 confirmation at PXE boot

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a tips to disabled F12 confirmation after tiping the First time F12 at boot, to boot on PXE Point, SCCM find PXE server and ask for F12 confirmation to boot over the network.

Well i know it's a good security, but during testing TS deployment, i will like to disabled this confirmation to save some time, and allow after first F12 tiping to boot on PXE, that boot automatically on PXE service point without confirmation.

I know well this opotions exist on WDS (in the propertis on the server, and tab "Start") but i didnt find this same options in SCCM2007 R3.. is it possible ?

Thanks in adavnce,

Regards,

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a tips to disabled F12 confirmation after tiping the First time F12 at boot, to boot on PXE Point, SCCM find PXE server and ask for F12 confirmation to boot over the network.

Well i know it's a good security, but during testing TS deployment, i will like to disabled this confirmation to save some time, and allow after first F12 tiping to boot on PXE, that boot automatically on PXE service point without confirmation.

I know well this opotions exist on WDS (in the propertis on the server, and tab "Start") but i didnt find this same options in SCCM2007 R3.. is it possible ?

Thanks in adavnce,

Regards,

SCCM Uses the functionality of WDS in PXE Boot mode and the procedure is same .

Take a look at this post how to disable F12 http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2720-no-f12/

Hello Eswar,

Well, it's the first thing i did indeed, but it doesnt work..

since you can Configure pxe server delay reponse in WDS AND SCCM2007 service point, looks they have separate configuration.

there is a tips to move order between wds and sms service point

If you open regedit and browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\WDSServer\Providers\WDSPXE there is a "ProvidersOrder" key with some values in it. These values represent the boot order of WDS.

Anyways if i change options in WDS it dosent impact my SMS PXE point i still need to confirme with F12...

i will try to change delay maybe..(shorter in wds than sccm2007)