shipooo

Distribute a registry key using SCCM 2007 SP2

Question

Have you tried with creating package and program with command line REG IMPORT filename.reg ?

If you want it to run silently launch it from batch file with the following command "regedit /s \\filepath\filename.reg". You can also probably just enter the above command when creating the "program" but I have not tried that.

If you just create a .reg file and launch it via an advertisement the user will be promoted for the registry change.

well, here's what i've tried to do i created a backage that caontains the regfile.reg in it and created a program that is "regedite.exe /s regfile.reg" and also tries "reg import regfile.reg" and advertised it to the collection and the advertisement status said that the advertisement has been distributed and that the program was successfully completed baut when i checked for the registry key i didn't find it.and what makes me crazy is that it's telling me that it was completed successfully. did anyone try to distibute it in any other way?

but i exported the registry from a server that runs windows server 2008R2 and was trying to disrtibute it to a windows server 2008R2 server and i didn't find it either.i just wanna know if there are any steps more tha creating a backage that includes the registry and creating a program with either "regedit.exe /s regfile.reg" or "reg import regfile.reg" as a command line then advertise the backage to a collection?