Luis

SMS Adv Clients cannot locate one package from Distribution Point

Question

Hello Guys, I just want to share you an issue like I am getting stuck;

Some End Users are facing issues installing just one of my package on their workstations in any of our several Distribution Point with the same Site Boundary that these machines are related. They can install all of others packages except for one of them.

I am also having some issues by installing through SMS Run Advertised Program Window of a Testing Workstation. I did send this package (NVC000C3) to CNLSMSSVR01 Distribution Point, it arrived successfully but when I try to install it, it states that the files are unavailable but they don’t! They are physically on the DP; Source Files Path Network and Program command line are correct. These files are not corrupted, I reviewed the hash from Central MP Package Container to compare the files of this package with package placed in all of my Distribution Points.

I did copy NVC000C3 folder (manually way) to the workstation besides I did run the command line specified of it package’s program (manual way), this package installs successfully.

I did attach an image with the execmgr.log, the CAS.log states the same (content not found)

I am wondering whether I can modify it source directory path and refresh this package only one of my Distribution Point afterward to give back this change just to check if something is corrupted like records of database or something like that regarding this package, or If you have other suggestions, they will be welcome. ^-^

Thanks in Advance.

post-8203-0-00547100-1295573641_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

How did you set the package to run ? is it run from DP or download from DP before run ?

can you check the version for the package and on the client if any mismatch or something ?

Try updating the package on the DP (look at locationservices.log which DP is it contacting ) and see if that works?

Have ever changed the password for Network Access Account ?

Luis

Can the client access the package on distribution point?

Hello Eswar & scambler

Thank you for your prompt quickly reponse.

All advertisement are set up to run from Distribution Point.

I did query (SELECT * FROM v_Package WHERE PackageID = 'XXX000C3') and I can see in it SourceVersion has as valor: 2, PkgSourceFlag = 4, but I don;t know how to check the package version on the client, need i review this in CAS.log or execmgr.log? please give me a little of light =)

SMS Accounts and Network Access Account have not been changed.

SMS Adv Client machines have get access into SMS Shared Container on Distribution Point, they can push/pull or install any package without issues except by "XXX000C3" package.

I will try to just update this package in one Distribution Point, I will tell you about it.

Thanks a lot folks.

Hello Guys

I have updated (refreshed) my issued package to my distribution Point just as Eswar sugesst me, I can see the last status as "Package Installation complete" but I tried to install this package in my workstation and I am getting the same error "Cannot Run Program - This program cannot be run because the program files are currently unavailable"

the wierst thing is that I can see this packageid folder at my distribution point sms share container, I also can see all files that are part of this package.

I am a little sad for that, it's frustrating I don't know what else I can do to fix it. Please Help!

Regards.

post-8203-0-74317300-1295899091_thumb.png

Greetings Eswar & Scramble

Just to notice you that finally I could find the issue about the delivery of this package into the workstations.

When I replicate the same configuration by creating a similar package and program with my own settings, so after to advertised it was succesfully installed.

The original issue was due to originally somebody did configure to run only on a different operating system than Windows XP (My Users use Windows XP as their platform.

Absolutely thanks a lot for your valuable assistance!

See you soon!