paddy

Report on Office Uninstall

Question

I have recently removed office pro 2003 from a number of machines on the network. however I spotted one of the machines which no longer has office pro 2003 installed is still showing up when I run report "comptuers with specific software in ADD/REMOVER Programs" it is still reported.

I have already changed the schedule for the Hardware Inventory CLient agent to every 5 mins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently removed office pro 2003 from a number of machines on the network. however I spotted one of the machines which no longer has office pro 2003 installed is still showing up when I run report "comptuers with specific software in ADD/REMOVER Programs" it is still reported.

I have already changed the schedule for the Hardware Inventory CLient agent to every 5 mins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

can you check on the spotted computer,when was it reported its last hardware inventory to SCCM site server ?

From SCCM server,right click on computer,resource explorer,under hardware --->work station status you will see when was it reported to.

Hi there I checked the status and the last scan was today. Thanks for help to date. do you know what else it could be??

Hi there I checked the status and the last scan was today. Thanks for help to date. do you know what else it could be??

can you check from the resource explorer,if the software is listed in add and remove programs ?

There could be the reasons,the program may not removed properly.

You can use below VB Script to see,if the program is still there in WMI.

strComputer =inputbox("Enter the computer name")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") 
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery( _
   "SELECT * FROM Win32_Product WHERE Name like '%office%'",,48) 
For Each objItem in colItems 
      Wscript.Echo "Name: " & objItem.Name
Next

Change the application name office to your requirement.

I checked the product details under resource pool and it is saying that Microsoft office access is still installed. I tried running REVO uninstaller but it didnt pick it up.

can you check from the resource explorer,if the software is listed in add and remove programs ?

There could be the reasons,the program may not removed properly.

You can use below VB Script to see,if the program is still there in WMI.

strComputer =inputbox("Enter the computer name")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") 
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery( _
   "SELECT * FROM Win32_Product WHERE Name like '%office%'",,48) 
For Each objItem in colItems 
      Wscript.Echo "Name: " & objItem.Name
Next

Change the application name office to your requirement.

I checked the product details under resource pool and it is saying that Microsoft office access is still installed. I tried running REVO uninstaller but it didnt pick it up.

What does the script says ? did it find something from your WMI about the application that you are looking for ?

If the application is completly removed,you can check this from registry if the components are there or removed.

Hi eswar sorry I am not very familar with scripting. What steps are involved to run this script to see iff office pro 2003 pro is installed?? thanks for your help

What does the script says ? did it find something from your WMI about the application that you are looking for ?

If the application is completly removed,you can check this from registry if the components are there or removed.

Hi eswar sorry I am not very familar with scripting. What steps are involved to run this script to see iff office pro 2003 pro is installed?? thanks for your help

open notepad ,paste the script into it and save it as application.vbs

Run the script(it requires admin rights on the remote computer to get result) /double click it. It will prompt for computer name and display the result with application name that starts with office or what ever you provide in script.

I ran that script on users machine and it doesnt have office pro installed.

open notepad ,paste the script into it and save it as application.vbs

Run the script(it requires admin rights on the remote computer to get result) /double click it. It will prompt for computer name and display the result with application name that starts with office or what ever you provide in script.