MRaybone

SCCM + WSUS - Will not sync to upstream server, WILL sync to MSUpdate...??

Question

Hi all,

I have a working SCCM + WSUS infrastructure... Central site with several primary child sites. I've recently had to remove and re-install a primary child, and it has decided that WSUS will no longer perform a sync with the upstream central site, giving only the dreaded...

Sync failed: WSUS server not configured. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync

...and related errors.

HOWEVER, if I set the update source to MS Update, the newly installed primary child syncs fine. This, of course, is not the solution.

What can I check, apply permissions to, change, reconfigure or whatever, to make this re-installed site talk to the central site's WSUS like the rest of them do. I simply cannot comprehend what is going on.

Help.

MRaybone.

10 answers to this question

Yes, there's nothing remarkable.

WSYNCMGR:

Sync failed: WSUS server not configured. Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync

The only 2 things that I can see, which I can find absolutely no information on, is in WCM:

Active Software Update Point is not selected. WCM will not change any configuration.

And the IIS log:

2011-01-27 11:31:03 W3SVC1395077329 10.193.0.1 POST /ApiRemoting30/WebService.asmx - 8530 - 10.193.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+MS+Web+Services+Client+Protocol+2.0.50727.3615) 401 1 0

2011-01-27 11:31:03 W3SVC1395077329 10.193.0.1 POST /ApiRemoting30/WebService.asmx - 8530 MSG\SDN020702$ 10.193.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+MS+Web+Services+Client+Protocol+2.0.50727.3615) 200 0 0

I can provide any info you think might be useful. I just don't know how to proceed - I've set up several sites in a short space of time and this one is the only one not working.

I've tested connectivity via telnet to port 8530 on the central site, I've tried using a proxy or not. I've removed/reinstalled WSUS and the SUP. I'm just stuck now.

Found the problem:

Out of all 6 sites I had set up recently, I hadn't added an Address for the problem site, on to the Central site.

Obviously a "doh" moment, but such an easy fix for a problem that seems to be affecting a lot of people - of course it might not always BE the cause, but it's something to keep in mind for people to check on. The entire site appeared to work fine, the only error was the updates sync.

In the SCCM console...

Site Management -> [your site] -> Site Settings -> Addresses

Right click Addresses -> New -> Standard Sender Address

Select the site's site code in Destination Site Code, or type in the 3 letter site code if it isn't there.

Enter the server name under Site Server Name.

Configure your Schedule and Rate Limits if required.

Finish!

i have on central site and 33 primary child sites (sccm 2007 r3 version: 4.00.6487.2000).

in central site and primary child sites have software update point and wsus Version: 3.2.7600.226. sup in central site sync successfully and primary child sites sync successfully but in primary child sites updates does not match with central site. for example in central site updates for august 122 but in primary child site 60.

please help me to solve this problem