qaisar

Remote Desktop does not save windows positions

Question

Hi

I have Windows 7 Enterprise (32bit) PC at work with two 19" monitors (screen resolution 1280 x 1024 on each). The display is extended.

My home PC is a Win 7 Ultimate (32bit) on a Laptop, screen resolution 1280 x 800.

On my work PC I keep some apps open (for example, IE, Outlook etc) on primary monitor and some (like Word, Excel, Adobe etc)on the secondary monitor. The problem is after I RDP from home to my Work PC and then when I get to work all my apps are re-positioned to my Primary monitor. I have tried several things like change the screen resolution on both work and home PCs, changed the primary/secondary monitors etc but Windows 7 just does not seem to remember the last application windows position after the RDP connection is made and disconnected.

I also tried the Desktop Layout Restor utility but it only restores the Desktop icons and not the applications window position.

Any help in this regards is greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Hi qaisar,

I don't think there is a fix for this issue but don't quote me on this.

If it helps you can use the Windows Button on your keyboard and the arrows to rapidly switch the window from screen 1 to screen 2.

Win key + up = Full screen

Win Key + Left = Aero Snap Left

Win Key + Right = Aero Snap Right

Win Key + Bottom = Minimize Window

If you have a second monitor on your left, you can use the Win Key + Left to snap the window on the left side of the screen, if you use the same combination of keys again the window will go on the second monitor.

I don't know if this will help or if this is what u need.

Good luck and let us know if you found a better solution.

Kosinas,

Sorry for my poor English.