EvolutionXtinct

0x80070002 error during TS step: Applying Operating System

Question

Not sure why but when my OSD TS does a reboot into WinPE, it goes and formats the HDD, and it starts to download the Windows Image .WIM file and I get access denied errors.

Failed to connect to "\\SCCM1.CR.CI.CASTLEROCK.CO.US\SMSPKGE$\CR100021". Invalid username or password. ApplyOperatingSystem 2/15/2011 4:41:54 PM 1100 (0x044C)

I looked at the permissions for the share folder and it looks correct. I can connect to my computer using its DNS name and to SCCM and copy over the SMSTS.log file. The screenshot "permission.jpg" is the permissions as well as the user I use to activate the TS to start.

If someone can help that would be great....

post-8482-0-28561700-1297808292_thumb.jpg

smsts.log

wpeinit.log

post-8482-0-20762400-1297808548_thumb.jpg

Where would I go to change this? To the permissions for that package and add the network account? Sorry, still learning this as I go so not sure if SCCM handles permissions it self.

Thanks!

Expand Site settings-> Client agent->Computer Client agent , where you need set the NAC.

Also check when you are deploying the image that time the WDS and DHCP Server services are started.

Expand Site settings-> Client agent->Computer Client agent , where you need set the NAC.

Also check when you are deploying the image that time the WDS and DHCP Server services are started.

Does the SMSPKGE$ share that resides all deployment and software packages need to have this network access account assigned to them? Whats weird is this stuff was working and i don't remember there being access to this folder from this network account.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what is going on now. I allowed the network access account full access to the drive where all packages are stored and nothing has changed. Anyone else got any ideas on why I would be getting those permission errors? I'm able to deploy the package, it restarts in WinPE but when it goes to apply the OS it then has this permission error. How is this even possible when it downloads the WinPE package? Sadly the company who set this up isn't available till May to assist us on deployment, and I would really like to get this accomplished before that time.

K i've looked all over Google and everything points to a NAA being needed. But I verified there is a NAA account i've set taht account with FULL PERMISSION to the whole Package Drive E: where all packages are stored. I've verifed I can have regular packages run just fine its ONLY WHEN THE SYSTEM reboots does this issue happen, I can install Flash and Office 2010 no problem to these test machines. Can someone give some insight.... What I don't get is this was working only about 2 weeks ago, then I started working on WU being pushed through RAP which I got that working, decided to go back to my OSD and start making WU work with it and now my whole deployment is screwed. How can this happen????

Just tossin these out there...

Does the account have rights to wherever you've got the OS .WIM file stashed? So it can copy it up to the DPs. And are they the same DPs you use for your software deployments (Flash and Office)? Did you try updating your OS image to see if it successfully updates to the DPs?

And when you check permissions you're checking Share and NTFA, right? Just in case someone accidentally changed something.

And what happens if you create a brand new test task sequence? Does it work, or does it fail too? I've seen them get corrupt and have to be recreated in order to fix the problem.

And if everything was working 2 weeks ago, try to think back through what you tweaked and looked at for RAP. Maybe you forgot to switch a setting back after running a test or something....

Just tossin these out there...

Does the account have rights to wherever you've got the OS .WIM file stashed? So it can copy it up to the DPs. And are they the same DPs you use for your software deployments (Flash and Office)? Did you try updating your OS image to see if it successfully updates to the DPs?

And when you check permissions you're checking Share and NTFA, right? Just in case someone accidentally changed something.

And what happens if you create a brand new test task sequence? Does it work, or does it fail too? I've seen them get corrupt and have to be recreated in order to fix the problem.

And if everything was working 2 weeks ago, try to think back through what you tweaked and looked at for RAP. Maybe you forgot to switch a setting back after running a test or something....

Also try the below things

Ensure the WDS and DHCP services are running

run the cmd and check whether you are able to ping the server .

Even i had received the similar error and the second one was the cause for it.Was unable to resolve the hostname.

Also try the below things

Ensure the WDS and DHCP services are running

run the cmd and check whether you are able to ping the server .

Even i had received the similar error and the second one was the cause for it.Was unable to resolve the hostname.

I took a stab at it today... Not sure if i'll throw the server or hug it... But I went in and did a net use and connected Q:\ directly to the package folder that is shared \\sccm1.......\smspkge$\cr100021 and without entering a username/password for net use it says "The password is invalid for \\sccm1.......\cr100021" I tried doing a net use on my local PC and I get the same thing. Is there a awy to see what username the WinPE users to connect to shares? I know nothing has changed the NAA user is unlocked has its password set to never expire and never change password. I talked to the server admin he says network/service accounts are never changed and thats part of there process for the environment. We both looked at the SCCM server, verified share permissions are set to unlimited and only seen the 1 concurrent connection I created manually to the share. I'm not setting the NAA account to Domain Admin access to see if it changes anything.

I went through and recreated EVERYTHING, I recreated the Boot Image and pushed it to my DP which is the main SCCM server (we only have 1 site, 1 SCCM server, and 2 remote DP's for low speed network segments). I had it re setup the .WIM file for installation which SCCM took with no problem. Those are both out on the DP's. Is there some service (besides MS we can pay) to have them troubleshoot this for us?