EvolutionXtinct

0x80070002 error during TS step: Applying Operating System

Question

Not sure why but when my OSD TS does a reboot into WinPE, it goes and formats the HDD, and it starts to download the Windows Image .WIM file and I get access denied errors.

Failed to connect to "\\SCCM1.CR.CI.CASTLEROCK.CO.US\SMSPKGE$\CR100021". Invalid username or password. ApplyOperatingSystem 2/15/2011 4:41:54 PM 1100 (0x044C)

I looked at the permissions for the share folder and it looks correct. I can connect to my computer using its DNS name and to SCCM and copy over the SMSTS.log file. The screenshot "permission.jpg" is the permissions as well as the user I use to activate the TS to start.

If someone can help that would be great....

post-8482-0-28561700-1297808292_thumb.jpg

smsts.log

wpeinit.log

post-8482-0-20762400-1297808548_thumb.jpg

When in the WinPE phase it will be using the NAA account you set up. Shweta gave you the location to check that in his post above, but just as a double-dose... (Site Management | YourSiteName | Site Settings | Client Agents | Computer Client Agent).

Make sure that account name is the one you're granting access to. Also, make sure it hasn't gotten locked or screwed up out in Active Directory (might try resetting the password so you KNOW it's the one you think it is). And if you're checking stuff with NET USE, then try using that account's info to make sure it really can get access.

Also, let me ask this, is this your first OSD image, or had everything been working fine previously?