giarc

HP laptops - how to use HP System Software Manager

Question

Hi all,

I have been deploying laptop images for a while now using SCCM 2007 and most of them have been Dell's so using the Dell Cab files to install the drivers has been pretty painless, the problem I have is with our HP models which use exe setups for alot of there drivers. I have been doing some research and there has been alot of discussions around HP SSM which downloads and installs all the required softpaqs to the machine - this sounds good but how do you incorporate this into SCCM task sequence. Has anyone actually used the HP SSM successfully during the deployment phase in SCCM and if so could help me with the correct setup.

Thanks

Craig

4 answers to this question

I've been using this succesfully now in my SCCM OSD deployments.

It's quite a simple task (although took a while to figure out).

*Install the Softpaq manager on to a network share and download all the softpaqs that you need per machine model

*Create a OSD task sequence as you normally would, but at the end of the sequence run a command line

*The command you need to run is

cmd /c "\\NAME OF NETWORK SHARE\SSM.EXE . /Install"

*Softpaq manager will then install all your drivers!

:)