RGB09

MDT and office 2010 MAK

Question

This is a strange one, we have created an image with office 2010 with MAK license, but when the image is created it has been removed... any ideas???

The strange thing is that the windows image also has a MAK licence and this works fine....

3 answers to this question

This is a strange one, we have created an image with office 2010 with MAK license, but when the image is created it has been removed... any ideas???

The strange thing is that the windows image also has a MAK licence and this works fine....

Had the same thing happen to us. However, we found that it's not the MAK license is removed, Office just wasn't activated (despite having it activated in the task sequence)

I've found that nothing in MDT is 100%

Had the same thing happen to us. However, we found that it's not the MAK license is removed, Office just wasn't activated (despite having it activated in the task sequence)

I've found that nothing in MDT is 100%

Hi, just rechecked this, and it appears the both the MAK for windows and office still do not appear. When you say that office needs to be activiated, as far as i am aware this is done on the image that we capture, or are we missing a step here. How did you get your Windows MAK to stick???

Hi, just rechecked this, and it appears the both the MAK for windows and office still do not appear. When you say that office needs to be activiated, as far as i am aware this is done on the image that we capture, or are we missing a step here. How did you get your Windows MAK to stick???

I add the MAK for windows 7 during the task, right after the win7 is installed (see the attached).

How are you installing the Office product? You might need to remove it from the image and use the task to install it with a config file.

I ran the office setup with the "/admin" so i could create the file and put the key in that. this way my Win7 install is very small and if someone wants 2007 instead of 2010, they can select it during the task sequence process.

post-6175-0-62618500-1300709379_thumb.jpg