NGrant

XP Deployment Error

Question

I've working on getting a full deployment working from SCCM 2007. I've gotten through PXE booting and the deployment works up until it reboots the first time goes into Windows Setup. I get a message on the screen that says "The file nvrd32.sys could not be found. Press any key to continue" If I press any key the machine reboots and goes back to the same exact spot. Not sure how to get this problem fixed.

4 answers to this question

Isn't that an Nvidia driver? If so, have you added the drivers for the machine you're imaging to the SCCM driver repository? And how are you capturing your image? You typically want as few drivers as possible in your image - install them via SCCM when the OS gets deployed to your machines...

So how are you capturing your image? Are you creating a Build and Capture task sequence within SCCM? And what are you capturing from? A physical PC or a virtual machine? Off hand, without any other info, it sort of sounds to me like you need to add a video driver to SCCM for the machine you're using...

I'm using a Build and Capture TS in SCCM 2007 and capturing from a physical PC. I figured what was going on with this driver. I had to edit the TS and go into "Applying Device Drivers" and checked the "Install all compatible drivers" instead of "Install only the best matched compatible drivers". We haven't had an issue with this since making that small change in the TS.