GolfKingUK

Windows XP-7 Upgrades on Checkpoint Encrypted Disks

Question

Has anyone managed to get a checkpoint encrypted disk to load a new OSD task Sequence?

I have to get this automated.. if I boot from pxe/cd/usb, etc, all is fine and it formats the disk and completes the task seequence.

If I am running from "Run Advertised Programs" or making the build untouched and mandatory, it fails.

The failure makes sense.. SCCM puts the boot image down, then can't read the disk after it reboots...

I managed to find the Checkpoint resource kit which loads the prot_2k.sys into the winpe image.. This actually now gets us into winpe, which is a step further than I have ever got before.. but now as the winpe is booting up, during the Initializing hardware devices stage., I get the following error:

"Unable to read task sequence configuration disk."

The very next step is the format the disk step, so I don't get why we need to read it.. ?

I may have found some info on the checkpoint site, but as we don't have support, I can't read it. If anyone else could send the contents of the 2 links, that would be great!!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrosd/thread/74231add-1602-4851-bb47-b25e7f468773

Any help would be appreciated. This is the last major hurdle to overcome before deployment (I Hope!!)

Thanks!

Ron

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet