Kingskawn

Deploy PBK?

Question

Does someone ever deployed a windows VPN (dial-up) connection in his task sequence?

I'm trying to but it doesn't work for some reason.

|=======|

|1st try|

|=======|

I ran a file, "copy_vpn.bat" as 'Run command line' with a package name and timeout on 15min

@echo off
md "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk"
xcopy.exe "%~dp0rasphone.pbk" "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk" /r /y

|=======|

|2nd try|

|=======|

STEP: Create directory

----------------------

Run command line

Command line:

cmd.exe /c mkdir "c:\users\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk"

Start in:

C:\Windows\system32

STEP: Copy PBK file

-------------------

Run command line

Command line:

cmd.exe /c xcopy %~dp0rasphone.pbk" "c:\users\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\*.*" /r /y

Start in: C:\Windows\system32

Package:

Scripts_package

Time-out: 15min

1 answer to this question

My batch scripting is WAY rusty, so hopefully someone else chimes in, but if they don't...

Are these batch files running when you manually trigger them? Sorry, but I gotta ask... If so, you might try taking a read through this: http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jnelson/archive/2008/08/15/121348.aspx

If that doesn't help, if the file has to be copied to all the user profiles on the machine, you could check out this VBScript: http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rbennett806/pages/vbscript-to-copy-to-a-user-profile-subfolder.aspx

Just some ideas...