Sign in to follow this  
andybond

Forefront endpoint protection

Hello all ,

Have MS introduced forefront endpoint protection integration into the beta2 of Vnext ? I am aware it wasnt functional in beta 1

With thanks

Andy Bond

Looks like it didn't make this beta. I know that and SQL Server 2008 R2 were things that I wanted. Since it took them almost a year to totally rewrite the product I am thinking beta 3 or whatever the next release is.

Have MS introduced forefront endpoint protection integration into the beta2 of Vnext ? I am aware it wasnt functional in beta 1

FEP 2010 will not work in SCCM 2012....

/SaiTech

As long as FEP installer wants to integrate into the MMC SCCM console (whitch isn't there anymore) it wont install on SCCM 2012

So unless i'm mistaking (always an option :() the change will have to be made on FEP, not on SCCM 2012. Wait for FEP 2010 R2...

There is going to be a FEP 2012 I believe. I saw it as part of the System Center 2012 Roadmap. Only details I can find on it now is a privacy statement.

Thats right...

Forefront Endpoint Protection 2012 Beta

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b64c2029-0f56-4606-ba0c-ea92e03541f5&displaylang=en

/SaiTech

Just installed this on my 2012 Site. I am impressed with it. I used SEP with Altiris a little while back and liked that. Though SEP has gone downhill in the past few years. SEP doesn't catch any of the real nasty malware out there like the fake anti-virus ones. I can't wait to play with FEP a little more and see how that stacks up compared to Eset Smart Security which is what I was using.

Hi,

We have deployed FEP 2010 in our environment, I am impressed what it found much, much more than I am used to with other anti virus.

/SaiTech