Antonius138

PXE-E51

Question

Hello all,

I tried a search but it didnt like PXE in the search field...anyway I have an older and new out of the box Dell Optiplex 980 that I am attempting to run a bare metal PXE deployment to. I am getting the following message:

PXE-E51 no DHCP or proxy DHCP offers were received

PXE-M0F

I have verified that the DHCP server is indeed up and is handing out reservations, I also did get one of the two machines to contact the SCCM server and it started downloading the files but then rebooted and didnt finish the install. I looked at the smspxe.log files and they are a few entries there but they are old.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

4 answers to this question

check if WDS service is up and running ? Also Did you assign any TS to unknown computers ?

WDS is definitely up and running and the task sequence is available to PXE. I was able to deploy to bare metal machines before in the past, but I havent done it in quite a while.

Thanks,

Anthony

Does anyone have any idea on this one? Doing a Google search has only brought up very generic responces some of which I have tried to no avail.

Since there was no further help here in the forums, I had to place a call to Microsoft Product Support. So for anyone else having this issue, I discovered that there was a problem in the path for the .wim image which I could hve fixed if I had looked over everything a little mosre closely, the second issue which I would not have found was that the PXE boot files were corrupted and had to be removed, reloaded, and re-distributed. Once those things were fixed, everything worked like a charm. Hope this helps anyone that might have this specific error message.

Anthony