Dust

Collection based upon products name and file version

Question

hey guys. without this site there is now way i could have made it this far into SCCM... now, iv hit a wall..

i have a application, java, that i need to install on all desktops. i have found a script that i thought would work, but something is missing. every time i update the collection i get no computers returned.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Java(TM) 6 Update" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version <= "1.6.0.70"

am i doing something wrong or am i just being impatient? i tired % symbols on the display name, still nothing...

Help please!

1 answer to this question

Try to use like "%Java™ 6 Update%" and see the query.----this will check the application with word Java™ 6 Update

% End----look for comuters that start with word ,% Start----search for computers that ends with word.

select 
SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,
SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,
SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client 
from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS 
on 
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId 
where 
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "%Java(TM) 6 Update%" 
and 
SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.Version <= "1.6.0.70"