lord_hydrax

HP Audio Drivers

Question

Hi,

I am having absolutely no luck deploying Audio Drivers for any HP machines as part of OSD, specifically in our environment for the 6930p/8440p/6550b Notebooks and 7900/8000 desktops.

I deploy other drivers with pretty much no issues using the 'Bad Driver' method by having them in a package running a setup.exe -s command to install.

I try this with the Audio drivers and it never works. Though once the OSD completes and I log on for the first time, if I run the same silent install command it works just fine.

I have tried running the command in Full OS and Win-PE mode, and also tried injecting using Apply Driver Package with no success.

What are other people doing? Even if it is something I have already tried, at least I will have the right direction to be troubleshooting in.

Appreciate the assistance!

Regards,

Andrew

2 answers to this question

Actually I tried that a bit later after this post and that did actually work. Got the idea from a sysprep package I made from one of the guides on this site.

Any idea whats the difference is between running a program from a package with Install Software versus using Run Command Line and specifying the package? I see no reason for it not to work either way! <_<

Its such a relief to get it the drivers installing but it would have be nice to have a consistant method to deploy them lol...