anyweb

using SCCM 2012 beta 2 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

Hey Everyone, first of all, what a great site. This is the best SCCM site I could find on the internet.

Now, i'm a newby at SCCM, I'm busy installing SCCM 2012 Beta 2 and using SQL SP1 CU 10 and following the steps you guys provided in the blog. but I'm stuck at one section of the installation still.

I have the SQL 2008 SP1 CU 10 on a different Server named SCCMSQLSVR and on my other Server i have SCCM 2012 which is called MAINSCCMSVR.

I'm stuck at the section where you have to link your SCCM with the SQL Server, the only thing is I can't.

Is there anything I can do to make the connection to my SQL server.

By the way, I don't have any SQL Experience.

I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

if you dont have any SQL experience then why are you installing it on a separate server ? the guide assumes you are installing SQL on the same server as SCCM 2012

Dear Experts,

During the first step of this guide, we create a domain user named ClientInstall. Later, we use this user to push client installation to the Domain controller. It is said that this user must be a local administrator on all destination computers yet you cannot add local administrators to a Domain Controller. What should be done about this situation?

Eric