Lokiarmos

Flash + Shockwave = Slow User Login

Question

OK we have picked up an issue with our win7 build. When we install shockwave and flash from stand alone install files (So we are not using the browser to install the plugins) and we log in with a user that does not have a populated roaming profile it can takes between 1 to 3 minutes to log the user in.

We have isolated to these two programs when they are both installed on the same machine (This is regardless of wether or not they are installed via SCCM or By User). [The applications are installed by the system acccout]

If you install only one of them there is no problem.

I can not work out why, but something it does slows the logins down really bad.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar program.

The image i am using is Win7 x64 SP1 with Office and CS4 already installed and deployed via SCCM.

-- It Looks like we have isolated to the use of the system account to install the applications -- Currently verifying which application but i would take a guess it would be Flash

2 answers to this question

Weird issue... I am now working on my laptop with Win7 x64 SP1, Flash 10.2.153.1, Shockwave 11.0, installed by SCCM and no problems.

Tell me about, it's driving me insane,

We are using Flash 10.1 and Shockwave 11.5.

The only thing that i can think of is that it is our install mediums for these programs. They work fine if a general administrator installs them but if they are installed by the system account they break the machine.

the only problem is i can't seem to find the stand alone installers for flash and shockwave. Everything that i can find on the adobe sites what me to sign to some distrubution rights first, (Which i have applied for, if it makes gettings to stand alone installers easier then its fine).

any chance i could get a copy of the install files you use, something that is known to work, that way if it fails on my box then i have some further digging to do.