Sumixam

CM2012 Install Error: SQL 2008 SP1 CU10 Only

Okay, this is getting frustrating. I downloaded CM2012 Beta 2 and am trying to install it based on the install guides here but it keeps complaining about the version of SQL.

I get the following error:

Configuration Manager sites require SQL server SP1 with Cumulative Update 10 or higher for site database operations to succeed. SQL Server 2008 SP2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 are not supported.

I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2, with absolutely no updates installed (SP0).

I followed the guide here in the forums with the only exception is that I apply CU10 instead of CU6.

During the install of CM I get the above error when it attempts to set up the database.

For the life of me I can't get passed it. I've tried patching Windows. I've tried SP1 for Windows. I've tried applying CU6 first, rebooting and then CU10. All are no dice. I've opened ports in the firewall and eventually turned it off all together.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Okay, I got it to work.

I checked the installation log and it mentioned something about Named Pipes not being available (it's obvious that I'm not a DB guy). So, I searched the forums here and got a hit on an install guide for SQL 2008 for SCCM 2007 (how can I install SQL Server 2008 in Windows Server 2008 ) and I followed the section on enabling "Named Pipes" and BOOM! the CM2012 install took right off.

Thanks anyweb, you saved the day for me again.

• Like 1

Okay, I got it to work.

I checked the installation log and it mentioned something about Named Pipes not being available (it's obvious that I'm not a DB guy). So, I searched the forums here and got a hit on an install guide for SQL 2008 for SCCM 2007 (how can I install SQL Server 2008 in Windows Server 2008 ) and I followed the section on enabling "Named Pipes" and BOOM! the CM2012 install took right off.

Thanks anyweb, you saved the day for me again.

Thank you so much for find out what was causing this problem I have been running into this all day and thought it was because I had SP2 which I then removed and installed CU 13 and something went a mess so I have been installing and removing SQL all day (wish I had of checked the error logs instead of going off on my own tangent and wild goose chase).

i got error:1 : Unsupported SQL Version 10.0.2531.0

I installed SQL Server 2008 and SP 1

What to do now? :(

You Need SQL Server 2008 SP1 and SP1 CU10

So unless you have your QFE and CU built into your SQL deployment point you need to install SQL 2008 RTM, SQL 2008 SP1, SQL 2008 SP1 CU10. Hopefully the next beta or CTP include support for SQL 2008 R2 and SQL 2008 SP2.